Answered By: Clarke Iakovakis Last Updated: Feb 18, 2018 Views: 5
If you have a reference already imported into EndNote that has incomplete or incorrect information, you can modify or update it in the EndNote software.
Automatically Update Citation Information
1. In EndNote, right click on the incorrect reference, then click Find Reference Updates.
2. EndNote will attempt to locate updated reference information. If it finds anything, it will display the updated information on the left side.
4. Review the information to see if the problem was corrected. If so, click on Update all Fields.
Manually Modify Citation Information
1. Sometimes EndNote will not be able to locate updated information or will not fix the problem. In this case, you must modify the citation manually.
2. In EndNote, right click on the reference and click Edit References. This will open a new window displaying all the reference fields.
3. Click in the field you need to correct and make the corrections. Click File > Save (Ctrl + S), then click File > Close Reference (Ctrl + W).